The Purchase Order (PO) Print Report is one of the most important and standard reports in Purchasing to communicate Purchase order information to suppliers, via email in PDF or text format. Almost 100% of Oracle customers will develop their unique version of this report to accommodate the needs of business and vendors.
In this blog I will review how to personalize Oracle’s standard Printed Purchase Order Report. Customizing the Printed PO Report to communicate with your suppliers is perhaps the most common “customizations” (along with ap checks) which Oracle customers need to do. In reality, it actually is not a “customization”. I think of it part of personalizing Oracle for your needs. This blog will describe the few easy steps in personalizing this report.
As mentioned, the PO Print Report is one of the most important and standard reports in Purchasing to communicate Purchase order information to suppliers, via email in PDF or text format. Almost 100% of Oracle customers will develop their unique version of this report to accommodate the needs of business and vendors.
This is a standard concurrent program which prints the PO Print Report.
Standard Data Template
Name: - Standard Purchase Order Data Source
Name: - Standard Purchase Order Stylesheet
TYPE is: - XSL-FO
How to customize the PO Output for Communication
- Log in to XML Publisher Administrator responsibility
- Search for Template with the name "Standard Purchase Order Stylesheet"
- Click on “Go”
- System will navigate to a new WEB page. Fill out the details and click on the apply button.
Setup for Purchasing to use your own XML Publisher templates:
Below given are the setups screenshots provided by the Oracle to customize the PO print Report and to add custom template.
Using below screenshots we can change the standard template by our custom template.
Login with a PO Administrator/Super User responsibility:
1) (In Purchasing) > Setup > Organizations > Purchasing Options > tab Control > set "PO Output Format" = PDF
2) (In Purchasing) > Setup > Purchasing > Document Types > find Document Type "Purchase Order - Standard" > set Document Type Layout = "XX Standard Purchase Order Stylesheet" (put the name of your custom template here!)
1) Add the company logo
2) Add additional columns
Add the company logo
Create GIF Image of company logo
Copy GIF file to OA_MEDIA directory
Log in to XML Publisher Administrator responsibility
Search for Template with name "XX Standard Purchase Order Stylesheet"
Download the 'PO_STANDARD_XSLFO.xsl' on your local drive
Open the file in textpad and find the word “external-graphic”
- Uncomment the code by removing <! -- and -->
- Change address according to your application address till port number and change the gif file name
- Save this modified XSL to your required file name
- Upload the new XSL file for your template XX Standard Purchase Order Stylesheet
- Apply this change. Now you can see your new corporate logo on standard purchase order
Add new columns
To add new fields in PO Output for Communication Program, we have the following options:
1. Review the program to determine if the fields you are trying to add are already available in the XML data generated by the program.
2. If not all the fields are available, populate the missing fields in the attribute columns so that you can reference those in your template.
You can easily modify the PO template and add the company logo as per requirements. The goal of this blog was to help you realize that this common requirement is easy to roll out, and additional enhancements are also available such as: Change the heading of existing column.
Print new column in report
- Print Terms and conditions on back page of PO Print Report
Metalink NOTE: 456288.1